Internal border control will continue until 31 January
Internal border control was reinstated for traffic between Finland and all Schengen countries as of 28 December. The decision will remain in force until 31 January 2022.
Exceptions to opening hours of border crossing points
- At the border crossing point of Niirala the opening hours for passenger traffic are 9.00−20.00 Finnish time.
- At the border crossing points of Nuijamaa and Vaalimaa the opening hours for passenger traffic are 7.00−21.30 Finnish time. The border crossing point of Imatra is closed for passenger traffic.
- At the border crossing points of Raja-Jooseppi and Salla the opening hours for passenger traffic are Mon−Fri 8.00−18.00 and Sat−Sun 9.00−17.00 Finnish time.
- At the border crossing point of Vartius the opening hours for passenger traffic are 8.00−19.00 Finnish time.
- The exceptions to the opening hours do not affect goods traffic.
Press releases related to the Covid-pandemic
Internal border control reinstated for traffic between Finland and all Schengen countries as of 28 December – congestion expected at airports and harbours
Internal border control reinstated for traffic between Finland and all Schengen countries as of 28 December
Bringing pleasure boats and craft from outside the EU and the Schengen countries for winter maintenance and docking will be possible between 15 September and 31 October 2021
Entry to Finland as of 12.7.
Border Guard citizen helpline in high demand – several days’ wait for responses to enquiries on crossing borders
Passangers can make border controls smoother - EU digital corona certificate introduced
Border crossing instructions for passengers and carriers during the European football championship games in St. Petersburg
Contact information during pandemic for citizens:
- Citizen helpline:
+358 295 420 100
Weekdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- [email protected]
The Finnish Border Guard's citizen helpline is receiving a high number of emails and inquiries and therefore the response time is longer than usual. Please check first the current travel restrictions on our homepage.
General Telephone Service and Chat
On the telephone service of the Digital and Population Data Services Agency (Tel. 0295 535 535) and on chat you can get general information on the coronavirus, coronavirus vaccines, and advice on the use of the Koronavilkku app.
Weekdays 8–18 and on Saturdays 9–15.
The service does not provide health advice. If your question concerns a coronavirus infection or your own vaccination, contact a healthcare provider.