Checklist for visitors at the ‘East Point’
- You can visit the East Point viewing site without a border zone permit.
- The route from the vehicle parking and turning area to the Rotary pole at the shoreline of Lake Virmajärvi is marked and separated with ropes. The separated area is surrounded by the border zone. Keep to the marked trail at all times.
- Please note that it is forbidden to enter the water areas of Lake Virmajärvi.
- You are allowed to take video and photographs on the trail and at the destination.
- Aviation and aerial photography are prohibited in the area. This means, for example, that you may not fly a mini helicopter or a drone in the area without a permit issued by the Finnish Defence Forces.
- Border zone permit on the website
- Command centre of the North Karelia Border Guard District, tel: +358 295 412 300